SOMETHINGS DO TASTE BETTER THAN SKINNY FEELS
I CALL BS!
I am fairly certain we all have heard, in an attempt to motivate us towards losing weight or gaining an overall healthier lifestyle, something along the lines of “Nothing tastes better than feeling skinny feels,” or “Nothing tastes better than feeling good feels,” and if you haven’t, you just did…and you’re welcome.
So, now that that’s out the way, let me call “BS!”
FIRST AND FOREMOST, I LOVE BEING AND FEELING HEALTHY
I love being and feeling healthy with a passion because I’ve been on the other side of the fence. For over 3 years I was carrying around nearly 80 extra pounds and it did nothing but slow me and bring me down both physically and emotionally. I gained 20 pounds in the first three months of being married and then gained another 60 over the next 3 years…and after spending a grueling 90 days getting rid of that weight I have promised myself to never let myself gain those 80 pounds back.
Now, that being said, I LOVE FOOD!!!!
WHY I WORKOUT
As I’ve stated on the blog before, I work out because I love to eat. I mean being able to beat my little brother at a push up or pull up competition is a nice by product but I really do workout first and foremost because I love treating myself to treats.
So, as much as I love being and living fit, or in other words, as much as I love feeling good and or “skinny”,
there are foods that I believe taste better than skinny feels.
Now, I know these foods are not going to be the same for everyone, and hell, even a few lucky (or unfortunate people depending on your point of view) may think no food is that good, but the point is that some foods do taste better than feeling good feels…AND, THAT’S OKAY because as we learned in our last post we ONLY have to eat “right” or “diet” 80% of the time…and the other 20% we can remember how good somethings do taste! IF YOU DIDN’T SEE THAT POST, CHECK IT OUT HERE.
100%, 80%, 20% = 110%…That’s Life!
So my friends, if you stay committed to fitness 100% of the time, stay committed to eating right 80% of the time, and indulge in the deliciousness of life 20% of the time I promise you’ll have a better chance of staying on track and reaching your goal 110% of the time!
MY LIST OF FOODS THAT TASTE BETTER THAN FEELING GOOD FEELS IS AS FOLLOWS (in no particular order):
ONE | Niña’s Sweet Potato Soufflé
TWO | Niña’s Apple Cheesecake
THREE | Ted’s Montana’s Grill New Mexico Burger
FOUR | Any Dessert (I’ve tasted to date) Made By Zach Meloy (Check out Mr. Meloy and his gang at http://betterhalfatl.com)
FIVE | Carraba’s Limoncello Bread Pudding (avec Vanilla Ice Cream)
SIX | Niña’s Bacon & Egg Sandwich
SEVEN | A Perfect Croissant
EIGHT | Pan Con Cafe Con Leche
NINE | Fresh Real Whole Milk
TEN | Condensed Milk…by itself
ELEVEN | Tia Jess’s Hawaiian Ham And Swiss Sliders…pretty much my kryptonite!